Monday, October 2, 2017

Adventurous for a Use Your Stuff challenge

Happy October to you :) Hopefully the blog won't be so quiet this month as fall is here in my area so cooler temperatures means more time in the house. The harvest is just about done too.
Use Your Stuff challenge today comes about from Gail's challenge The Blues (use blue as a predominate colour on your project).
 I used a variety of blues on my layout including a piece of wrapping paper the blue and silver stripe. Now I would have never thought to use wrapping paper, but the 30 day challenge over at the Scrappy Sisters day 9 was Wrapping Paper. I was adventurous with the layout too using a variety of different types of paper: the wrapping paper, mulberry paper and vellum. 
I used the sketch No96 over at The Memory Nest for my layout
I love the simplicity of this sketch.
This month is the members only LOAD (layout a day) over at Scrap Happy so this is the 1st layout for that too :) The theme is I've got a secret.... This prompt was to do a layout about a “secret” peek into what you consider your best physical feature or personality trait. I went with a personality trait, this is a trait I've had since growing up taking on just about any dare my friends would ask me to do!  and now a days I love the adventure of seeing new places, trying new foods and just enjoying life
Thank you for stopping by today and I look forward to seeing your creation for Use Your Stuff challenge.

3 comments:

  1. Beautiful layout Tina! Love that photo of you!!! I think its awesome to create layouts of ourselves and talk about ourselves in a positive fashion. We are so hard to criticize ourselves and be our worst enemies that sometimes we don't see the good we have inside of ourselves. I think you doing these challenges and being challenged to look at yourself the way others see you is a beautiful thing! I've known you know for quite a few years and I know you to be a beautiful person with a heart of gold! So whether or not continue to take risks and dares is one thing, but I know you will always remain the beautiful friend that I know you to be. The kind, giving, generous and sweet warm hearted gal from PA! And hey, ...life in itself is an adventure... so if you have the opportunity to get out there and travel around and try new foods, go for it! Life is too short... hence the sad Las Vegas shooting....people can be here one day and gone the next... so if you got the abilities to go see the world... GO!
    Love you my friend!
    Hugs,
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fantastic layout again Tina!!! I am always SO impressed with just how many challenges you manage to complete using one layout!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this photo of you and how you used it with the sketch! Thanks for playing along with us at tMN!!

    ReplyDelete